Introduction to my blog

Hey guys !

Welcome on my new blog. To tell you the truth, I'm not quite good with that software but I will do my best to learn fast and update it often.

Frank

mercredi 16 avril 2008

The use of forums

Forums aren't new for for me. When I was in high school, I often went on forums to discuss about many subjects that interested me. I discovered back then that it was easy to understand how it works. In my Computer Applications class, we were told to create an account on a forum. I must confess that I was surprised because most of my previous teachers did not encourage us to explore forums. However, I think it is truly a great tool that could be applied to a teaching context. Indeed, a students would have the possibility to communicate with his classmates and with his teacher and ask questions to them. Then, other people would come and add more information. If I become a second language teacher, I think I will use forums to communicate with my students outside of class. It is also a good idea to ask us to write on the forum twice a week. At the beginning, I thought it was going to be an ordinary experience but I learned a lot from others. I think students can benefit from using a forum.

Frank

P.S. Read Caroline Quirion's post on the use of forums. I found it very interesting.

Aucun commentaire: